Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Notes of Meeting held on Monday 3 April 2017  
in Crowhurst Village Hall
 
Present:            Gareth Bright, Chris Davidson, Ros Day (Chair), Tracy Hoad, Diane Stainsby, Martin White, Pat Buckle
 
Apologies:       Sonia Plato, Ann Wilson, Willy Wilson, Ashley Wynn
 
Ros Day opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending.  
 
1.            Declarations of Interests
All present declared an interest as residents of Crowhurst .
 
2.         Minutes of Previous Meetings
2.1        Steering Group held on 6 March 2017 – Approved.
2.2.       Matters Arising - None
               
3.            Task Groups Reports
3.1        Finance
Tracy Hoad reported that the second part of the grant ended on 31 March 2017 and she had requested an expenditure spreadsheet from Keith Robertson.  She stated that £3,142, barring any unreported invoices, has been spent and the balance of approximately £1,940 would be returned to Groundworks as per the terms and conditions of the grant.  So far approximately £4,100 has been spent from the initial £9,000 grant. The meeting was informed that there was a change to the grant scheme and that another £6,000 was available together with free technical support from Locality.  Ros Day agreed to contact Locality regarding accessing the extra money and the technical support.  Discussion followed regarding possible future expenditure for the third of four parts of the total grant.  The meeting was pleased that NP spending had been lower than expected so far but conscious that there would be considerably more to come.
 
3.2          Land Use (Call for Sites)
Chris Davidson reported on the four public exhibitions held on 26, 29, 31 March and 1 April 2017 at which nearly 200 people attended and made 509 comments on the proposed sites. Most feedback from attendees had been good - most commenting on the amount of detailed information presented and the amount of work involved.  The Land Use Task Group (LUTG) would now analyse all the comments with the planning consultant and report back the findings to residents.  It was noted that two members of the Battle NP Group had attended and the Battle Chairman stated he was impressed with the exhibition and was keen to work with Crowhurst on the Strategic Gap.  Discussion followed on the process for analysing all the forms by the LUTG to enable reporting back to residents and the Steering Group.
 
3.3          Street Champions
Diane Stainsby reported that this Task Group had not met.  It was agreed that the Street Champions would be asked to deliver the next survey to every household, probably in May 2017, although this had to be finally decided.
 
 
3.4          Communications – Nothing further to report at this stage. The next meeting was planned for 10th April 2017.
 
3.5          Research/Heritage – No report.
 
3.6.         Environment – No report
 
3.7          Survey – It was reported that Diane Stainsby, Catherine Bright and Ros Day would be meeting on Friday 7 April 2017 to begin the process of drafting a form.
 
3.8          Youth Group – No report.
 
4.            Rother District Council Meeting
            Chris Davidson reported on the meeting with David Marlow, RDC Head of Strategic Planning, held on 24 March 2017 attended by himself, Ros Day, Catherine Bright and Laura Cecil, to discuss housing needs.  David Marlow was updated on what had been achieved so far and was reassured by the progress of the NP.  He stated that there is to be a Government review in late 2018 to assess further housing needs with a focus on young people.  He also confirmed that as far as Crowhurst Park was concerned there were no plans to change the requirement for an annual break in residence.
 
5.            Project Plan/Milestones/Next Steps
Ros Day had updated the Project Plan to be discussed at the next meeting.
 
6.            Risk Assessment
Ros Day presented a draft Risk Assessment to be discussed at the next meeting.
 
7.         Next Survey
Considerable discussion took place regarding what has been achieved, the information collected so far, and how the work would be taken forward.  It was agreed that an informal Steering Group meeting should be convened in order to plan further work and budget needs to ensure nothing is overlooked and tasks are suitably coordinated and coherent.  Pat Buckle agreed to arrange the meeting.
 
8.            Outline Draft Plan
Ros Day to circulate this to members.
 
9.            Background Evidence – Deferred to next meeting.
 
10.            Dates of Next Meetings
          Neighbourhood Plan Group – Friday 28 April 2017 at 7.30pm in Crowhurst Village Hall (sites  
                                                                                feedback report)
          Steering Group – Tuesday 2 May 2017 at 7.30pm in the Parish Room, St George’s Church.                            
 
The meeting closed at 9.50pm
  

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?​

TASK GROUPS

There are several task groups in which Crowhurst resident volunteers work on issues like communications, land use, heritage and the environment  These groups will make a huge contribution to the final Neighbourhood Plan document. 

POLICIES AND FAQS

This page contains the legal stuff! Our policies, data protection information, terms of reference and frequently asked questions about the Neighbourhood Planning Process. 

COMMUNITY GALLERY

Your pictures of our village.  Views, buildings, sheep, trees, dogs..... we want to see what makes you happy about Crowhurst. Please send you photos to :

Towards the end of 2016 we met with staff and pupils at Crowhurst Primary School and Claverham. Given that our consultation  with local schools will be ongoing we have created a new dedicated website page links, notes and information about our school visits. 


Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below: