Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Notes of Meeting held on Monday 8 January 2018 at 7.30pm  
in Crowhurst Village Hall


Present:    Gareth Bright, Ros Day (Chair), Tracy Hoad, Dave Howley, Sonia Plato, Diane Stainsby, Martin White, Willy Wilson, Pat Buckle

Apologies:       Chris Davidson, Nicola Stell, Ann Wilson

In Attendance:    3 Members of the Public

Ros Day opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending. 

1.            Declarations of Interests
1.1`         All present declared an interest as residents of Crowhurst .
1.2          Item 3.2  Land Use Task Group - Martin White declared a personal interest as the owner of Church Paddock, Crowhurst.

2.         Minutes of Previous Meetings
2.1        Steering Group held on 4 December 2017 – Approved.
2.2         At the Parish Council meeting held on 18 December 2017 Members reviewed and agreed the above minutes of the Steering Group with the following notes;
                -   Item 3.1 Community Web site. This would be free to users but there is a cost to the  sponsor which would be the Parish Council.
                -   Item 3.5 Fundraising and Sales. The Clerk asked the NP steering group to make it clear  these activities were by a private group and not part of the finances of the NP or the Parish Council.
                -   Item 6. Planning Committee. The structure and governance of any committee post NP will need to be considered by the Council at a later date.
                -   Items 7. The Clerk noted that there are also covenants in the Deeds that restrict the use of the recreation ground to specific uses.
2.2.       Matters Arising
2.2.1      Footpaths – The plan policy stated that all footpaths should be reviewed but only footpaths affected by the proposed housing developments and proposed parking are specifically listed and marked on the map. The Reg 14 pre-submission consultation will enable comments to be made but these are only proposals and will need to be assessed by the East Sussex County Council Rights of Way Officer before they can be included in the final plan. When the Plan is adopted it is anticipated that a review of all footpaths will be carried out in liaison with the Footpath Warden.
2.2.2      Car Parking – It was reiterated that the need for more parking was highlighted in the main survey and that the proposal was intended for walkers to park their cars as well as people using the school and church.
2.2.3      Proposed Play Area – Martin White had spoken to landowners regarding this proposal for the field south of Forewood Rise and may be supported if extra land is needed.  It was noted that some alteration may be needed to be made to the relevant map.


3.            Task Groups
3.1.         Finance
Tracy Hoad had nothing to report except that £33 for the flyers advertising the consultation has been spent since the last meeting. The Group is now looking to apply for grants in February for commencement in April 2018.
3.2          Land Use
                The Group has not met since the last Steering Group meeting.  However, there is still lots to be done, e.g. possible design standards for dwellings, style, configuration of sites, amenities, etc., and the Group will meet on Wednesday 10 January to decide the way forward. No response has been received since Christmas from Network Rail and Martin White will chase this up. He reported that he had spoken to Nick Diment’s daughter who made various offers and this too will be discussed at the Wednesday meeting.
3.3.         Street Champions
                Diane Stainsby confirmed that the Street Champions had agreed to deliver flyers to all households at the weekend informing residents of the upcoming public exhibitions as part of the Reg 14 pre-submission consultation on the draft NP. 
3.4          Communications
Ros Day reported that all NP documents are on the consultation page of the website which will be going live soon.  The consultation runs from 16 January 2018 to 28 February 2018 and three public exhibitions will take place on Friday 19 January at the Coffee Shop, St George’s Church 9.00am-11.30am; Saturday 3 February at the Village Hall monthly Market 10.00am-2.00pm; and Sunday 18 February in the Village Hall 10.00am-4.00pm. Banners and posters will be put up advertising the exhibitions and emails will be sent to relevant agencies. Gareth Bright reported that European law on General Data Protection Regulations are currently going through Parliament for adoption into British law.  It is believed that when this is finalised it will be the responsibility of the Parish Council but any changes are likely to be minimal.
3.5          Research/Heritage
Dave Howley updated the meeting on the gunpowder trail booklet stating that it had been privately financed and not part of the finances of the NP or the Parish Council. The booklet was on sale for £2 at the village market or by contacting Bruce Cripps.  Another walk is being planned covering the iron workings area, which is older than the gunpowder sites, and will also contain information, walks, etc. It is anticipated that this booklet will also be privately funded from various sources. Dave Howley stated that some residents had expressed interest in joining the Group which would welcome anyone with an interest in history.  Volunteers would be very welcome and should contact either himself or Nicola Stell. Dave Howley reported that he will link up with the recently formed Bexhill Heritage Group. 
3.6.         Environment
Sonia Plato reported that the next meeting of the Group has been arranged for Tuesday 16 January 2018.  A map showing green spaces had been produced as has a background document to show why they have been chosen.  Views and trees have also been identified but this area of work continues to grow and there is still lots to be done. There are gaps in the green corridors which need to be filled and the plan is to look at the map with the Woodland Trust with a view to obtaining some free trees, applications for which open on 18 January 2018.  It was confirmed that Pam Woolley, as the Village footpath warden, is on the list of current Group members but more volunteers are needed.  Crowhurst School has already expressed an interest in being involved.

4.            Documentation for Pre-Submission Plan
                Ros Day reported that Rother District Council (RDC) had made some informal comments on the draft plan and some minor changes have been made. Other comments on the Biodiversity policy will need looking into and advice will be sought from RDC as to what  needs to be done.  The Environment Group will also look at the RDC comments to ensure no  changes need to be made to its documents.  Any changes will need to be agreed by Parish Council as part of the consultation process.  RDC’s informal comments on the Strategic Environmental Assessment stated that the document is fit for purpose and their comments can wait for the formal consultation.  Ros Day stated that she had agreed with Rother Reprographics the timetable for the printing of the draft plan.

5.            Consultation Events
            Ros Day reported that printed documents will be available for residents to examine at the  public exhibitions, including the draft plan, site assessments and criteria, policies, maps, etc.    Attendees will be asked to sign Attendance Sheets at each exhibition as part of the evidence  base for the NP. Comments on the draft plan will be collected via forms at the exhibitions,  n-line or by email. Valerie Grove will be consulted about comments being submitted on-       line.  Discussion took place concerning the analysing of the comments received, the need to  produce a report stating what action had been take to address them and why some had not  been incorporated into the Plan.  Discussion also took place as to whether the documents could be made available at the church for people to examine if they were unable to attend any of the exhibitions, and this will be looked into.

6.         Next Steps and Future Role of the Groups               
The meeting is keen that after the referendum, the adopted plan should be regularly  monitored and  reviewed to ensure all objectives are met. The structure and governance of  any ongoing working group/committee will be considered by the Parish Council as the  authorising body for the NP.

7.            Dates of Next Meetings
                Public Exhibitions - Friday 19 January at the Coffee Shop, St George’s Church at 9.00am-                                                              11.30am;
                -  Saturday 3 February at the Village Hall monthly Market 10.00am-2.00pm;
                -  Sunday 18 February in the Village Hall 10.00am-4.00pm.

The meeting closed at 9.10pm
  


WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?​

This page contains all documents relating to the Consultation Process including village survey results and longlisted and shortlisted sites feedback. It will be updated as the process continues. 

​​ Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below:

Stay informed about your Neighbourhood Plan. To receive updates and notifications about progress, meetings and events c ontact us at:

 
To leave the mailing list at any time just send us an email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.  

DATA PROTECTION
All contact information you provide will be held securely and will NOT be shared with any other third-party organisation for any purposes including marketing or promotion of goods and services. For your full data protection rights information please click here

This site uses cookies. Most people know this term but don't really know what it means! So for a beautifully concise description of what cookies are and what they do, please click this link . (from the BBC website). If you do not consent to cookies please email us when you have finished using the website ans we can tell you how to remove any cookies that the website may have used during your visit, Thank you.