Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
Notes of Meeting held on Monday 5 September 2016  
in Crowhurst Village Hall

Present:     Catherine Bright, Gareth Bright, Chris Davidson, Ros Day, Tracy Hoad, Dave Howley,
                    Sonia Plato, Diane Stainsby, Martin White, Ann Wilson, Willy Wilson, Pat Buckle

Apologies:        Bruce Cripps
Ros Day opened the meeting and thanked everyone for attending

1.         Minutes of Previous Meetings
1.1       Steering Group held on 1 August 2016 – Minutes approved.
1.1.1      Matters  Arising - None
Chris Davidson informed the meeting that the survey strategy, questionnaire and the work of the Street Champions all contributed to the large response to the main survey.  He felt that this should give confidence in the project for the future. He reported that the joint team of the Survey Task Group and the Land Use Task Group had met twice since the last meeting to begin work on the ‘Call for Sites’ next survey.

2.         Task Groups Reports
2.1          Finance – Tracy Hoad reported that £35.23 had been made at the NP stall at the Village Fayre from which £26 had been take for the Survey Monkey fee, the rest given to Ann Wilson to include in the fundraising money. Laminating pouches had been requested from Keith Robertson, Clerk to the Parish Council, and refreshments would be provided for the survey preview meeting of the Street Champions. The following expenditure over the next 6-8 weeks was also noted:
Hire of hall - Steering Group Meeting x 2 hours (5 Sept) £15.00
Hire of hall - Champions  Preview Survey results meeting x2 hours (30 Sept) £15.00
Hire of hall – Public Exhibition x 3 hours (1st Oct) £22.50
2 x vertical banners Aprox £61.00
Sites survey forms Aprox £380.00
Reel of Velcro  Aprox  £5.00
Laminating Pouches Aprox £6.00
Wine/coffee/tea/nibbles - Aprox £50.00 - Champion survey results (30 Sept)
Buffet lunch at Public Exhibition (1 Oct) - Aprox £50.00
The meeting was also reminded that it needed to budget for consultants and agreed that tenders would be gathered. 

2.2       Communication – In order to ensure the views of as many people and groups as possible are collected and included in the preparation of the Neighbourhood Plan there are still some discussions to be had with local businesses, landowners, other local groups, e.g. young people, older people, people with disabilities, vulnerable people.  Ros Day reported that she would be contacting Claverham College again to try to set up a meeting with Crowhurst pupils to outline the Neighbourhood Planning process and obtain their views for the future of the village.  The Cubs and Scouts had responded to an initial contact and Tracy Hoad agreed to arrange a meeting with them. The Brownies had not responded and Tracy Hoad agreed to contact them again. The meeting agreed that young people in the village needed to be contacted as well as those attending Claverham and Catherine Bright offered to talk with them.  The Survey Task Group would be asked to look at how to contact younger people (15+ years).  A poster would be put up at the exhibition on 1 October to encourage people to join the Neighbourhood Plan Group.

2.3       Street Champions – The meeting expressed its gratitude for the work undertaken by the Street Champions which had resulted in such a high return rate of responses to the survey. As discussed at a previous meeting, an evening had been arranged for them for a preview of the final report on the survey results before the public exhibition. This will take place on Friday 30 September in the village hall.

2.4       Land Use (Call for Sites) – Chris Davidson reported that the Land Use Task Group had met with the Survey Task Group twice since the last Steering Group meeting and agreed the procedure for the work. This would consist of the designing of a survey form, an introduction containing feedback from the site suggestions question on the main survey, guidance on completing the form in order to target responses not stop people taking part.  Simon Leader had analysed the 283 site suggestions from the main survey and the group would be looking at this.  The introduction and guidance was being worked on and it was anticipated that the final form would be ready for printing by 10 October 2016. This was slightly later than originally programmed but the exercise was more complicated than expected due to the need to look at all development, not just housing , to assure people it is ok to say they have no suggestions, and they do not feel forced to suggest sites. 
2.5       Research/Heritage – Dave Howley reported that Bruce Cripps was working on the gunpowder trail and had met with Powdermill Hotel who expressed interest and wished to be kept informed.  Dave Howley stated he wanted to meet with Casper East Sussex County Council’s Archaeology Department as he has much more detail about the archaeological finds on the edge of the village although it could take up to 6 years to get these classified.

2.6       Survey 
Catherine Bright presented initial feedback on the results from the survey and was informed that two late responses had been received which she agreed to include in the final report. She stated that there had been a great response which boded well for the future of the Neighbourhood Plan. The meeting agreed that a public exhibition would take place after the Village Market on 1 October 2016 at 12.30pm when Catherine Bright would present her final report. This would be advertised on the NP banner and posters. It was also agreed that the Street Champions had done a terrific job in distributing and collecting survey responses and would have a preview presentation on Friday 30 September 2016 in the village hall.

3.            Loan of Display Boards
Following a request to loan the display boards, Ros Day proposed that providing the Neighbourhood Plan Group was not using them loan at the time, the boards would be loaned on the understanding they are returned in the same condition or replaced. All such requests would need to be made to the Parish Council who bought the boards.

4.            Project Plan/Milestones
Ros Day reported on updates to the Project Plan for September/October 2016 and any other evidence needed, e.g. contact with local groups, stakeholders, Claverham;  social, economic, environmental, infrastructure, heritage issues; evidence held by other agencies; land surveys/traffic audits; housing needs. ‘Call for Sites’ survey already underway. Some discussion took place regarding contacting younger people not included within the Claverham group.  Ros Day agreed to speak to Norman Kwan, Senior Planning Officer, Rother District Council, regarding the detail required for questions in the Strategic Environmental Assessment form.

5.         Consultants
The meeting was reminded of the Parish Council’s budget meeting in November and the need to get tenders from consultants to include in the budget prior to the next Neighbourhood Plan grant application.  It was necessary to work up a clear brief of what would be required of a consultant.  Sonia Plato and Ros Day agreed to pull together some questions and arrange to meet with Stephen Hardy, Robertsbridge Parish Council, for advice/clarification.

6.            Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Objection
Ref email dated 13 August 2016 from the Chairman, Sedlescombe Parish Council, expressing concern regarding the Planning Application RR/2016/1837/P relating to Street Farm, Brede Lane.  Sedlescombe PC believe that a positive  response to the application from RDC would call the Neighbourhood Plan process into question and could affect the other 9 Rother parish councils currently working on a Neighbourhood Plan.  Crowhurst Parish Council has submitted its objections to this planning application on that basis.

7.            Planning for Public Exhibition on 1 October 2016
A meeting to be arranged between Sonia Plato, Ros Day, Diane Stainsby and Catherine Bright during week commencing 20 September 2016.

8.            Dates of Next Meetings
8.1          Neighbourhood Plan Group/Public Exhibition – Saturday 1 October 2016 in Crowhurst Village Hall at 12.30pm following the Village Market.
8.2          Steering Group – Monday 3 October 2016 at 7.30pm in Crowhurst Village Hall.
                                To include decision on next Neighbourhood Plan Group meeting.

The meeting closed at 9.35pm

  

Stay informed about your Neighbourhood Plan. To receive updates and notifications about progress, meetings and events c ontact us at:

 
To leave the mailing list at any time just send us an email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the title.  

DATA PROTECTION
All contact information you provide will be held securely and will NOT be shared with any other third-party organisation for any purposes including marketing or promotion of goods and services. For your full data protection rights information please click here

This site uses cookies. Most people know this term but don't really know what it means! So for a beautifully concise description of what cookies are and what they do, please click this link . (from the BBC website). If you do not consent to cookies please email us when you have finished using the website ans we can tell you how to remove any cookies that the website may have used during your visit, Thank you. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO?​

This page contains all documents relating to the Consultation Process including village survey results and longlisted and shortlisted sites feedback. It will be updated as the process continues. 

​​ Useful links:
For more information on the Crowhurst Neighbourhood Plan application please see: 

For more information on our Neighbourhood Plan process and to access minutes of all previous meetings please see either of the links below: